Old Lighthouse

Old Lighthouse
Outer Banks USA

Monday, January 19, 2009

compromise.

 Compromise:  To back up on truth.
 
 Compromise:  To find a middle ground where we can agree.

      The first 30 years of my life was spent around people who would not, and were proud that they did not compromise.  This is great if your always right.  What about people who find new truths all of the time.  I agree that you should not compromise on your convictions.  Is there not a huge area where we can compromise with others? 
  I no longer feel as if I have done something wrong when I try to see it from there view.  I no longer feel like I need to pick up that stone and throw it to show others how holy I am living.  I think of the story of the woman at the well and I do as the people there did.  I hang my head in shame for the flaws in my own life and walk away thankful that I am not being stoned for my sin.
     

3 comments:

  1. "Compromise: To back up on truth." I suppose that you would have to define truth. Is it truth from God or just something you do because it's the thing to do in a particular group? (good or bad on the group comment)
    "Compromise: To find a middle ground where we can agree." A great thing it is for children of God, to look past superficial salvation and worship God! Or it could be bad if it means giving up something God has shown you.
    Just as with anything, I think there is a balance, a good and bad side to anything.
    I just thought of a song: Meet In The Middle by Diamond Rio. It's a song that could be applied to any relationship.
    Anyway, sorry for the long post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing this thought out. I felt bad for sharing the definition on my other comment in anticipation of your post on this. Next time I will wait to hear what you have to say. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've come to find this truth too, but also have found with this, there are few people who will go the half-way with you. I was one of those people one time. It wasn't that I felt the person had a bad attitude, but I was "taught" to be careful with things that go against what you have been taught, and that if it goes against what you've been taught is truth, then do away with it and don't trust the person lest listening to their reasoning, they should decieve me, and I should be lost to the devil. This was truly not the way it really was, I see now, but that the "teachers" didn't want any independent thinkers/decision makers and if there are these people in their midst, they won't be there for long. If you don't believe my experience, try it and find out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete